Middleton on Sea has been a popular tourist destination since the 1920’s. Captain R Caldicott began developing detached houses along the coastal roads in 1921 and had built over 100 by 1928. To give residents and tourists local facilities he developed the row of shops where the fish and chip shop is located today.
Starting off life as a fish mongers called Lynn’s, the shop was converted to Ye Olde Fish & Chippe Shoppe in the mid 1960’s. In 1983, Stuart Poyser and his parents moved to the area and bought the butchers shop next door. As a young lad, Stuart worked in both shops learning the ropes and was given the opportunity to purchase the shop in August 2000.
Ye Olde Fish & Chippe Shoppe is regarded as a local landmark and has many loyal patrons from both the local community and surrounding areas. Stuart and the team are always grateful that people choose their establishment over many others, especially visiting tourists and passing customers.
An exciting expansion and refurbishment of the shop takes place. With extensive investment, Stuart added more seating areas and several improvements 'behind the scenes' to improve efficiency and overall ambience of the shop. These improvements will help Ye Olde Fish & Chippe Shoppe continue to serve the local community with quality fish & chips in the years to come.